Wednesday, December 14

Morbid Thoughts

Couple of days ago, I was driving my bike on my way to work. It was about 10.30 in the morning, bright and sunny.
I had to take a right turn at a round-about. Gave the indicator signal, made sure there was nothing coming towards me around the circle, and turned. A kid, who was sitting on the side of the road till then, decided this to be the time when he wanted to cross the road.

Run! Screeching tires! Swerving bike! Angry glaces!

And I was on my way to work.
Suddenly a thought struck me. What if it was not a boy, but a truck? What if I hadn't braked at the right moment? Would I be dead right now? Or seriously injured lying in middle of the road?
Then what?

How long would it take me to get to a hospital? (Well someone would call 108, right?)
How long before someone I know hears what has happened to me and rushes to the Hospital? (The Novartis ID card I was carrying has the office number. Someone would call, right? My mobile has most recent calls. Someone would try them too. Of course, in case my mobile survives).
When will my parents hear about this?
How will they react?

I have no idea why I thought of all this.
But I did!
And I'm getting such morbid thoughts pretty frequently nowadays.
WHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment